Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Six Day Check-In

I have gone six days without a cigarette and I have to admit it was alot easier than what I remember. I did decide to make it easier on my self and I started wearing a patch at night when I slept. I started thinking that this was serious enough for me to actually read the instructions and I found out that nowadays, all you have to do is read the instructions on any of your stop smoking products and they will tell you everything that you are going to go through and where you will probably fail. I don't remember having information that accurate.

They said to avoid all your smoking areas and mine are being on the phone and being behind the wheel, so I minimized the driving and didn't go downstairs for two days, and I still haven't talked to anyone on the phone. We were invited somewhere that I would usually drink and I just couldn't take the chance going and having even one beer. Just be honest with your self about your own limitations and you will never fail. I told myself if you slip and have one you'll not be having two!

3 comments:

  1. You are doing great - keep it up! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're quitting!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep it up brah! i'm smokeless for about 4½ years now. still crave it, but the cuddles from the kids after a long day at work are a much better reward!

    ReplyDelete